Preston WareFlorida Mortgage BankerOver 20 Years Experience561-329-0075
Welcome to my web site. A few years ago I decided to brand my name just in case I ever needed to switch banks.
Considering the dynamic changes that have occurred in the mortgage industry over the last ten years, this was probably a smart move.
I am in my 22nd year working as a mortgage professional. I live in South Florida but can help anyone purchasing or refinancing in the entire state. I am sure when you are shopping for a mortgage you want to speak with someone who has experience. Below is a brief history of my mortgage lending career.
Prior to entering this line of work, I earned my degree at Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island in 1986. Bryant is an excellent business school where I earned my Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a major concentration in Finance. This was a great foundation for getting into the mortgage biz.
I started learning the fundamentals of mortgage lending in 1993 when I went to work for Sun Bank (now Suntrust) as a mortgage processor. This was an excellent first job getting my feet wet learning the mechanics of getting a client approved for a mortgage.
SunTrust was known for their tough underwriting and really good compliance on each and every file. I had some excellent managers there and this was also where I met my wife who ended up becoming a mortgage underwriter herself.
1997 - After several years at SunTrust, five years later in my career, I had the privilege of working for an excellent wholesale mortgage company known as Southern Pacific Funding. This company experienced tremendous growth in the sub-prime market in the boom of the late 90's. About a year and a half later they went belly up due to the first sub-prime crisis in October of 1998.
Many of my co-workers at Southern Pacific are people whom I have stayed in touch with through all these t years to this day. Many of my peers went on to become wholesale reps at other banks. In other words they continued to work on the wholesale side of the mortgage industry where I went to work on the retail side of the picture. My manager at the time, Linda, was awesome and she introduced me to Bob who was my best mentor to be.
1998 - 2004- Bob owned one of the best mortgage brokerage companies in South Florida. Previous to running his own shop he had tremendous experience running a mortgage division for one of the larger banks in Florida. Later he decided to open his own company for the sake of his family life.
While I was working for Bob, I always had the perception (and still do) that I was working for the "dream-team". Not only were they extremely educated and experienced business professionals but a bunch of very nice people. During that time frame of 6 years, I made the transition from loan processor to loan originator full time and really became refined in my ability to pre-underwrite the file and ensure that the customer was getting the absolute best deal available.
The only thing that could get me to leave the dream team was to open my own branch which I did in Wellington,Florida in 2005. Wellington is a charming town known for it's international polo scene. It is located in the western communities of West Palm Beach. At that time 75% of the loans were brokered so I became the owner operator of a one person branch.
2005 -2007 Operating in the manner of a one man branch, I assumed responsibility for all the phases of the mortgage process; marketing, taking the application, processing, closing, post-closing. As a result of the mortgage melt-down my main office was forced to close so I went back to work for other companies.
2008 - 2012 As a result of the Dodd-Frank law, mortgage regulation requirements pointed many of us towards becoming mortgage bankers rather than mortgage brokers. Unfortunately the down side of banking is if a company mis-manages their warehouse line they go out of business. Let's just say I have seen the poorly run companies first hand. After 4 years of dealing with 2nd rate firms, I was lucky enough to find my present employer.
2013 - I am happy to say that I am affiliated with THE BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!From the processors to the Managers to the closers to the marketing department, every phase of service is done in an impeccable manner.
Due to my experience in all of the phases of the mortgage process , I feel that I am more than prepared to provide each and every one of my clients with the absolute best red carpet treatment & best pricing available on any type of home loan or mortgage.
And yes, I don't want to just help you with your next purchase or refinance transaction or referral, I want to be your Lender for Life!
That is my promise.
“THE TOP TEN REASONS” TO WORK WITH PRESTON WARE
1. I have been a mortgage professional for 20 years and have created a team that is dedicated to delivering world class service to my clients and referral partners.
2. My team and I are students of our profession. We continue to educate ourselves, clients, and referral partners, through continued training, extensive reading, research and seminars. We are forward thinking and know how to fit the pieces of the puzzle together to create more closed loans and smooth transactions.
3. Our company, is independently owned and operated. We are a local lender with no corporate red tape.
4. We have built our book of business on purchase transactions, which accounts for over
70% of our business.
5. We have in-house processing, underwriting, and closing. Our staff is available to address any issues or concerns that arise on any file. Our staff is dedicated with unwavering support to get the loan closed! Ask anyone in town and they will tell you our top notch closing department is fast and furious! We have the muscle if we need it.
6. Our underwriting turn times are 1-3 days. Our underwriters are always available to discuss any potential challenges up front!
7. My team and I run DO/LP and review all loan docs in order to issue a true Loan Pre- approval Letter.
8. My team and I offer automatic systematic updates via phone and email. These updates begin at pre-qualification of the borrower and continue until closing. These automated updates are delivered to all parties involved. Everyone is kept in the loop.
9. We don’t disappear after closing. We will follow up with you after closing after you have settled into your new home or are reaping the benefits of the refinance you just received.
10. We continue to market to our closed clients after closing. We don’t want to be their lender on just one transaction. We want to be their lender for life, and for them to refer their friends, family, and coworkers to us for their home financing needs. Our business is all referral based!
Do you have a question? We can help. Simply fill out the form below and we'll contact you with the answer, with no obligation to you. We guarantee your privacy.